Friday, February 12, 2010


One of the simplest images I have ever posted.

Sometimes a very simple image works well...the fewer details to distract ...leaves the focus drawn to the center of the picture. That was my purpose with this image. The lone tree on the top of the hill was visited by me many times in my youth. This is located near where I grew up and the run to the top was a favorite of mine. I had a gaming horse that loved that run as much as I did. The trip from about where this picture was taken to the top of the hill was 120 seconds of the most liberating freedom a young boy could experience. To be on top of the muscle and power of an animal that is bred for short bursts of speed is one of the most exhilerating feelings I have ever known.

10 comments:

dianne said...

Dan it is so beautiful in its simplicity, the colours and tree are quiet perfection. xo ♥

Cynthia L. H. said...

The simplicity is very appealing.
:^)
Your story adds such life and vigor to it.
;^)

Dan Felstead said...

Dianne thank you...sometimes it is just a fact in life...the simpler...the better!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Cynthia...if you look closely at the paths leading up to that tree...you will probably find hoof prints!

Dan

amatamari© said...

Oh yes, magnificent!

septembermom said...

Your words bring such emotion and life to the photo. The photo is stunning in its vibrant colors and lines. Thank you Dan!

Jean said...

One of my Pondering....... mugs says:
Sometimes, less is more. Like now.

This photo is a beautiful example!

Dan Felstead said...

Thank Amatamari...I hope you had a great Valentines Day!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Jean...thanks for stopping by! Yes ...often Less is more...I like that thought. Hope your Valentines Day was everything you wanted.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Septembermom...that is about all there is in this picture...color and lines...good description!

Dan