Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Balcony Scene

Romeo, O Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo?

Spring is a time of courtship, rebirth and renewal. It reminded me of a contemporary rendition of Romeo and Juliet we attended last summer. Spring will soon bring it's courtship to fruition and the rebirth of the warm summer days will follow...along with parades, ballgames, hide and seek games going into the warm summer nights and a return to the "active" season after this season of hibernation.

It is my birthday today...and my birthday always reminds me of the the new season about to burst forth. I heard on the news this morning that the spring desert flowers are beginning to bloom in the Southwest and this will be a spectacular year for them due to the heavy rains. The blooming of desert flowers are always the precursor to spring in the Midwest as the warm air moves into the heart of the country.

Dan

18 comments:

shabby girl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN!!! So you, too, are a fish! I'm wishing you all good things for your new year.
I'll have to keep my eye out for the wildflowers. Is there anything more beautiful than wild fields of spring color? I had a covey of quail in my front yard yesterday morning for the first time this year, and saw a couple of red-tailed hawkes full of twitterpation atop an electrical pole. Surely spring is right around the corner!

Marc said...

Happy birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the very best upon this most special of days.
Happy Birthday, Dan!
Have a splendid day filled with much love, merriment and celebration.

I really love the modern take view of Romeo & Juliette - yet another fantastic image!

DawnTreader said...

♥Wishing you Many Happy Returns of the Day!♥

Dan Felstead said...

Yes Shabbygirl I am a "Fish"! And I am with you in hopes of Spring being right around the corner.

Thanks for the Happy B'Day wishes...each year any announcement of my Birthday gets pushed farther and farther down in the post! I am announcing that I am officially not having any more birthdays!...still living...just without old age.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Marc..I appreciate you taking the time for the wishes!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thank you S. Barbie for the nice thoughts on my birthday...very much appreciated.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Dawn Treader...another year younger!

Dan

Sunny said...

Sorry to be late in wishing you A very Happy Birthday! I hope you had a terrific day. Age is just a number!
Sunny :)

Lee said...

Happy Birthday Dan.

Heather said...

Happy birthday... a little late. Hope it was wonderful :)

Cynthia L. H. said...

Dan, I hope that you had a Happy Happy Birthday!!!! Here's wishing you MANY more!
;^)

Dan Felstead said...

Sunny thanks for taking the time for the wish! Right...just a number...but it is too big of a number for a calculator!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Lee thanks so much for the well wishes.

DAn

Dan Felstead said...

Heather...It was a good birthday...but I am more than happy to forget about anymore! There have been far too many!

DAn

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Cynthia...I am glad you stopped by because this is the last birthday I will ever have...Oh I will still be here...just no more birthdays...frozen in time!

Dan

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I'm a bit late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Dan Felstead said...

J thanks for the kind wishes...your comments are never late!

Dan