Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alaska Awakening

As June approaches so does the life cycle of Alaska after winter's onslaught. Fields begin to take on the greens of the short Summer and birds return .... many return to breed and insure an unbroken chain of life for generations to come.

During my stay in Seward a few years ago, the marshland between Anchorage and Resurrection bay to the south provided an unlimited view and reminder of the ancient beauty of this northernmost state.

I must return here for a stay during the winter season.

Dan




6 comments:

dianne said...

Such lovely soft colours in the landscape and so many beautiful birds.

xoxoxo ♡

DawnTreader said...

Looks like a water-dragon (the tree in the water)! (I probably watch too many fantasy movies)

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Diane, it was a beautiful time of year up there....95 degrees today...I would like to be there right now.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader....when I first read your comment I thought...a bit too much caffeine perhaps! But I looked at the tree again in the water and I have to admit...I agree with you!

Dan

shabby girl said...

I think I've told you before, that Alaska has been my dream for years. And, yes, just one winter would be a dream come true. Just one. And a couple of summers! My great grandmother learned to ski when she was 80, when she and her husband moved to Angels Camp in CA. If she can do that at 80, I can to a winter in AK in my 50"s!

Cool photo, and, again, I'm so glad you're back!

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...I satarted to say "why don't you guys just head up there in your RV" but then the Alaskan Hiway would probably ruin it! And it is also a very very long drive!

Dan