Monday, December 29, 2008

I woke up, stepped out onto the porch and was pleasantly surprised at the early winter warm spell that had set in. As fast as I could, grabbed the equipment and hurried to my favorite spot on the stream. I knew with the sudden change in temperature that there would be a mist hanging in the air. It was like a spa treatment from nature. The warm mist rising from the cold mountain stream hung in the air like a sauna. Even the birds in the brush were singing again. That was the last remnant of warmth that winter, I cherished the respite that nature gave on that December morning.

4 comments:

Nymphetamine Girl said...

Wow, thats a really cool picture, great blog by the way.

Dan Felstead said...

Blonde Gothic Fairy,

Welcome to the blog and thanks for your comment. Hope you had a great Christmas season.

Dan

Heather said...

As I look at this photo, I imagine a deer waiting to come up and take a refreshing drink from the trickling stream.

Very nice.

Dan Felstead said...

Heather,
Great instincts...there are lots of deer in the area.

Dan