Monday, January 5, 2009

It was during that week in June in the Midwest when almost overnight the goldenrod and daisies miraculously overrun the fields. The fragrance and beauty only last for a few days. But during that window of time, you can come upon a field in bloom and as far as the eye can see, there is an ocean of yellows and whites. Soon after disappearing as quickly as they came under the hot July heat. But during that one week, I am transported into the land of Oz, surrounded by endless fields of gold.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I absolutely loved what you wrote over at The One Minute Writer today (me too).

I saw this photo and it brings me back to the little girl I was, amused and entertained for lengthy amounts of time by the innocence and purity of wild flowers. I still love these flowers, the ones that grow without our care for them...the ones that prove God's care regardless of our neglect.

~ with a smile, Heather

Dan Felstead said...

Heather,
It is as if God provides the flowers for our visual pleasure and you are right...wildflowers require no care on our part...just God's! What a treat!

Dan

Sacha van Straten said...

Hi Dan,

It's minus 10 in England and your photo has been a warming treat on a cold British evening.

Sacha

Dan Felstead said...

Sacha,
It is cold here as well but not -10! Actually the weather was my incentive to find a warm summer picture!

Dan