Friday, June 26, 2009



School's out....County and State Fairs are beginning. It seams that no matter where in the States you are from...New York City, L.A. or Peoria...large or small...we all have fond memories of the Fair.

First Love...Freedom from Mom and Dad....corn dogs...arcades and thrill rides...Now this is Summer!

The best time of the fair is at the end of a long hot day...it finally begins to cool down, the sun begins to set and the midway lights announce the beginnings of the coming of age for so many teens...to numerous to mention. I was one of those teens...fell in love at the Midway and thought it would last forever...WOW! There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then! But still to this day...some very, very fond memories of my first taste of freedoms and the rush of a first Kiss.

There is just nothing like a summer fair Midway.

10 comments:

Cynthia L. H. said...

Look at those vibrant colors!!! The light on the yellows is astounding!

Ah, yes...I have some fair/love memories, too...age 17...

:^)

The best, though, is that I can remember riding the Double-Ferris Wheel with my dad at the World's Fair in Seattle... (age 5.) (DON'T do the math!)
:^)

Dan Felstead said...

LOL...Cynthia...don't worry about the math...I am in the same boat!

Dan

Unknown said...

Great photos! These remind me of a warped horror show at a traveling carnival. Hmmm - warped horror - would make a good story.

shabby girl said...

Great pics take me right back. On the edge of a cooler evening, the smell of corn tortillas wafting in the air.
My very first date was at the fair. I haven't thought of that for YEARS!

Dan Felstead said...

Bobbi...you know there was this one episode of X Files where Scully and Muldar spent the night in an amusement park....

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...I hope it was good memories!

Dan

septembermom said...

I feel the excitement of a kid again as I look at these photos! Such fun awaits everyone who goes to the fair. Always a memorable summertime activity.

Dan Felstead said...

Septembermom...
You are right...it is fun for us all...but especially for the teens.

Dan

Heather said...

I always loved the fair! I went last fall and reached a very depressing realization: I can't do spinny rides any more. (You know, the ones that spin you around at crazy speeds? Yeah... I couldn't walk straight and left with a killer headache! When did that happen?!) I guess my equilibrium changed somehow over the years!

Dan Felstead said...

Heather...I am right there with you! I love the roller coasters etc...but I can't do the scrambler and especially the Tilt a Whirl...if so I better have an air sickness bag available...if you know what I mean!

Dan