Thursday, June 10, 2010

Most Colorful Corner in Town


This week I re visited a house I photographed last year in the old part of town.


Often an area that you have photographed is worth re visiting during different seasons of the year...the sight you see may be quite different than before...even though it is familiar ground. I always like this old house because of the whimsical color scheme and gingerbread on the house. But this year when I turned the corner I had a pleasant surprise....Hydrangeas everywhere adding to the already bright colors...flowers that I didn't even know were planted here the last time I visited.

Interesting enough, I learned that Hydrangeas are one of those flowers that Mother Nature allows us to change it's colors! By changing the ph of the soil we can have pink, blue or white at our whim! Thank you Mother Nature.

Dan

11 comments:

DawnTreader said...

Oh wow. That is colourful! It has something of fairytale over it...

I agree it is worth while revisiting the same place in different seasons. I'm noticing more and more that even the time of day, or sunshine vs grey sky makes a lot of difference from photographic point of view.

Sunny said...

Wow! That is an explosion of color. The Hydrangeas (my favorite flower) are glorious.
My son is here for a few more days, hope the sun comes out soon!
I'll be catching up on your other posts soon.
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
☼ Sunny

shabby girl said...

I really like this house too, with or without hydrangeas! But with them...love it!

Roan said...

I have been enjoying your blog. Your photos are wonderful. I love hydrangeas on their own, but combined with this eclectic house—wonderful. And thank you for you kind words on mine. I enjoyed all of your photos from the rendezvous, possibly more because I recognized so many of the scenes. Did you ever find out who won the contest?

Cynthia L. H. said...

The colors are fantastic!
;^)
I love hydrangeas, too. Right now, mine are pink, violet AND blue!!! What does THAT say about the pH of the soil???!!!
;^) ;^- ;^0

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader...that is definitely true...different times of the day can give you a completely different mood to the image.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Sunny I hope things went well with your son. It is always a treat to have them visit....and usually a treat to get back to normal after they leave!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Shabbygirl...This house is always a treat to visit. The flowers were a complete surprise to me this year.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

BJ...It is great to hear from you! Thanks again for letting me "get in your face" on the photos! I appreciate it. The winner of the the contest was John Zalesak...it was an image of the a fallen comrade getting field treatment in the midst of one of the battles. Here is the link to the winners:
http://www.spiritofvincennes.org/rendezvous/photo/Contest%2010/winners10/index.html

Stop by again and thanks for the comments.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Cynthia...you have soil that needs treatment...sounds like a split personality syndrome to me!

Dan

Rose said...

My goodness...what a place! I would probably go back every month....