Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mystery Solved! It is a small world......



I posted this picture in February of 2009. Here is in part....my post:

"He turned to cross the street and we passed each other, making eye...shutter contact along the way. Once the picture was taken, he meekly smiled, nodded his head in an affirming gesture and disappeared into the masses. For a while I could see his hat over the tops of the crowd until he stepped behind the ring toss booth.

Not sure he was a clown. Sometimes in my paranoia, I even wonder if others saw him. It seemed as though his path through the crowd, then directly past me with a nod of acknowledgment and out of sight was meant just for me. I will be looking for him next year, same place...I want to talk to him. "


Fast forward to last Friday....I was taking pictures at the Evansville Association of the Blind for their promotional activities. After a tour of the plant, I was given free reign by the nice people at the association to take pictures of the facilities. As I passed by the reception area...I found myself staring at a ghost from the past...an 8x10 framed picture of a clown with a warm smile and big red nose...It was the same person I taken the picture of that night at the street festival. My first reaction was ...although a bit uncouth was "Who does he belong to?" "He is my husband", the receptionist replied.

I told her the story of how he was there one minute and gone the next and I thought I would never find out anything about him. We had a great discussion and today I am taking the picture I took of him down to her office for her...it is the least I could do...after all she filled in the blanks and answered a mystery for me that I could not have solved.

Fate is a wondrous thing.

Dan

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Wow, that's really amazing. You're right about a small world!
☼ Sunny

septembermom said...

Isn't that something?

DawnTreader said...

Now this is almost getting scary. I've just recently been discussing this kind of "coincidences" with another friend and since then they seem to be popping up everywhere. Like last week I blogged photo of a bug I had found in my apartment, had never seen before and didn't know the name of. Turned out a blogging friend in the US had just been taking pictures of the same species of bug and was about to do a post on it...

Sabrina said...

Wow--what are the chances?

Sabrina said...

One time when I was in France I saw an acquaintance walking down the street. I barely knew her so I didn't say hello, but...weird!