Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quilt Guild



The Smokey Mountains are known for their handcrafted items and folk artworks.

Whenever we are down in that area, since my wife is a quilter...we stop by the quilt guild. Even for a person like me who becomes dangerous to society with a needle in hand...the quality of these quilts are amazing. Many of them transcend the idea of what I think a quilt is and they move into the the world of art. I know that several of the followers of the blog do some quilting so I thought I would post this for you today.

Dan

6 comments:

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Oh my Dan, make's my heart go pitter patter!! LOL! What amazing talent there is, great colours and design, thanks for showing them....
Lizzie
xxx

shabby girl said...

Oh yeah! It's amazing how creative some people can be! It is art, definitely. Boy, I think I could just stand and stare at some of those for a long time! :)

Sunny said...

I first read your title as 'Quilt Guilt'...duh!
This is a lovely display of talent.
Quilts are very popular in this area (also quite expensive).
☼ Sunny

DawnTreader said...

Wow, that is a lot of detail to take in all at once! And as usual you manage well in spite of that to bring them all out.

Kathleen said...

Love, love, LOVE this post!