Thursday, August 5, 2010

Multiple Layers...Multiple Lives....

In one small image...I saw multiple homes, parts of personal lives exposed.


A private party not very inviting to the general public...a sign blocking the doorway. The house next door was a boarding house of some sort...open to the public...such contrasts next door to each other. Many of the patrons may have come from the church in the background...the initial landing place of the down and out directed to the shelter next to the private party.

A strange mix of cultures.

Dan



8 comments:

septembermom said...

Great perspective on this one Dan. It does lend to some curiosity about the inhabitants.

Mrs. N said...

I love the mystery in this photo and how your narrative brings even more to the mood of the photo. It makes me wonder what kind of people lived there, who was invited to the party, who was on time, who was fashionably late? Who was the boarder who looked longingly on the guests feeling a pang of homesickness??? This is really rich. I love it! :)

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Septembermom...it is fun to speculate about strange contrasts such as this.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Miss N...by the way...what do you teach?

Dan

Jean said...

gah...I've been here twice today...
to do the puzzle! I am hooked.

myonlyphoto said...

Its amazing how much we can see in one photo. Well done again Dan. Thanks for sharing, Anna :)

Dan Felstead said...

Jean! I apologize for contributing to an addiction!!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thank you Anna...I hope your summer has been cooler than ours!

Dan