Friday, August 6, 2010

Painting with Light

Today through Monday we will be on the road. Heading back to visit St. Louis where we used to live. During these 4 days I am going to post versions of my images that I have converted to somewhat abstract versions where I have attempted to "paint" with light. Using multiple layers in Photoshop.

I don't profess to be an artist by any means. For me to paint a picture whether it be a watercolor or oil painting would be futile attempt. As a photographer however I can come "act" like an artist and give it a try. Just a 4 day departure from my normal images.

They all started with a photograph.

Dan

9 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I like it very much! :)

I hope to get back to experimenting a bit more with those artistic effects again in the winter perhaps? (a way to recycle the summer pictures...)

Heather said...

Oooooh, very pretty!! I play in Photoshop every now and then, but always end up doing too much and distorting the picture. I need to learn more about subtle enhancements... there so much that can be done that it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. I need to take a class!

Anyway, have a great weekend! (And safe travels.) I hope you enjoy your visit to St. Louis :)

Cynthia L. H. said...

Wonderful! You are VERY artistic!
;^) ;^) ;^)

Liz said...

I like this Dan, love the abstract side of it. Don't you have to just love photoshop..!!
Lizzie
xxx

theeccentriclady said...

Dan, You are an artist! I have felt like a fake also because I use Photoshop and Painter to create my art but Art is anything that gives you or another person visual pleasure. Photography is ART. You ARE an artist! I suggest you give Corel Painter a try. Thanks for sharing your art with us :)

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader...if you have a winter like last winter...you will have plenty of time to re work those pictures!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks heather...we had a great time and got a few good pictures. If I remember correctly...you have quite a bit of experience with the other adobe graphics programs...much of that translates to photoshop.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Cynthia...you are too kind! I am only a wannabe artist!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Lizzie...yes very much...I spend way too much time with it! But I can't get away from photoshop!

Dan