There was an error in this gadget

Friday, August 6, 2010

Painting with Light

Today through Monday we will be on the road. Heading back to visit St. Louis where we used to live. During these 4 days I am going to post versions of my images that I have converted to somewhat abstract versions where I have attempted to "paint" with light. Using multiple layers in Photoshop.

I don't profess to be an artist by any means. For me to paint a picture whether it be a watercolor or oil painting would be futile attempt. As a photographer however I can come "act" like an artist and give it a try. Just a 4 day departure from my normal images.

They all started with a photograph.

Dan

9 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I like it very much! :)

I hope to get back to experimenting a bit more with those artistic effects again in the winter perhaps? (a way to recycle the summer pictures...)

Heather said...

Oooooh, very pretty!! I play in Photoshop every now and then, but always end up doing too much and distorting the picture. I need to learn more about subtle enhancements... there so much that can be done that it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. I need to take a class!

Anyway, have a great weekend! (And safe travels.) I hope you enjoy your visit to St. Louis :)

Cynthia L. H. said...

Wonderful! You are VERY artistic!
;^) ;^) ;^)

Lizzie said...

I like this Dan, love the abstract side of it. Don't you have to just love photoshop..!!
Lizzie
xxx

theeccentriclady said...

Dan, You are an artist! I have felt like a fake also because I use Photoshop and Painter to create my art but Art is anything that gives you or another person visual pleasure. Photography is ART. You ARE an artist! I suggest you give Corel Painter a try. Thanks for sharing your art with us :)

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader...if you have a winter like last winter...you will have plenty of time to re work those pictures!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks heather...we had a great time and got a few good pictures. If I remember correctly...you have quite a bit of experience with the other adobe graphics programs...much of that translates to photoshop.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Cynthia...you are too kind! I am only a wannabe artist!

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

Lizzie...yes very much...I spend way too much time with it! But I can't get away from photoshop!

Dan