Monday, July 18, 2011

Faces...do they express or mask inner feelings?

I would love to be able to definitively state "express" or "hide" but I think the truth is neither...or both.

I've met people who have surprised me on both accounts. The gentle faced, smooth skinned, piercing blue eyed individual who draws one to them only to later lash out with acidic criticisms or speak only to feed their ego. On the other hand I have met those who on first glance, one would not approach them for fear of their life only to find out later that their clothes or hair, their yellowed smile or eyes always diverted from yours was due to circumstances beyond their control. That which they did control...their heart was as big and open as the good samaritan.

Some have the knack and intuition to discern a life upon the first meeting....a gift I do not have.

Dan


No comments: