Friday, August 20, 2010

Almost Ready....

Late August bears fruit at almost the peak of ripeness awaiting the Wine Harvest.

In just a few weeks...the last remaining Pinot Noirs will catch up with early bloomers and require the attention of the winemaker and his skills. Typically a time of traditions and families coming together that will bookmark the beginning of Autumn and a march towards a transformation of the landscape into fiery reds and yellows so brilliant....

The countryside will erupt in the last throws of life until next Spring.

Dan

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful photo, Dan. The entire wine making, grape growing, process has always impressed me...and the history, with family, does also.

Like the old movies share the beauty, the love, the commitment and the quiet musical life of it all, so does my mind :)

Dan Felstead said...

Yes Heather I also like the whole subculture around wine making...family ties are still strong with this art.

Dan

DawnTreader said...

Beautiful. I love the colours. I like grapes 'au naturel' better than wine...

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader...I have to admit that I love a good glass of wine but I don't drink a whole lot of it due to tremendous hangovers with it.

Dan